For a long time, marketers have wondered if email marketing was winding down. Due to recent updates on how Gmail filters emails, this debate has once again fired up. Despite these concerns, today's market has proven email marketing is alive and well. The following are some industry statistics revealing it's impact:
- According to a study done by Convince and Convert, 44% of all email recipients per year made at least one purchase due to email marketing.
- According to the Direct Marketing Association, every $ 1 spent, more than $ 40 was returned due to email marketing.
- According to Litmus, 82% of consumers opened emails from companies.
Going by those stats, email marketing is still one of the most effective and lucrative business strategies. Marketing through email, when done correctly can lead to huge benefits for your business. The following five benefits are some your business can see after ramping it up.
- Cost Effectiveness. Different from other marketing campaigns, email marketing will not cost a lot of money and still deliver huge results. There are no print costs with, meaning you will not break your bank by sending out effective campaigns. The impact on your target audience is greater and cost less with regularly scheduled promotional emails and correspondence.
- Results are Easier to Track. Many businesses still want to see what their return is on investing in email marketing even though it is very cost effective. Email marketing makes this easy because many programs will allow you to monitor click through rates and open rates. No matter if you send customers to a landing page or use a unique URL, tracking conversions is still easy.
- You Can Get Personal. With all the constant messaging, consumers appreciate it when businesses get personal and target their specific needs with this form of marketing. Email marketing allows you to customize email groups and lists. First names can be added to give your emails an even more personal touch and further enhance your campaigns.
- You Can Learn About Your Target Audience. Successful email marketing happens when you know your customers very well and by implementing email campaigns, you can make this happen. When you track analytics with all campaigns, you will see trends in what your customers want, what they will respond best to, and come up with new ways to enhance what your business offers.
- You Can Keep Your Business In Front of the Right People. Remember that the target audience is always getting other content, messages, request and emails. This causes people to have a very short attention span, meaning constant messages will easily distract them. This type of marketing will give you a good way to stay at the forefront of your prospects, customers and leads minds. Giving the target audience emails that offer valuable information and great deals will keep you on top and when they are ready to purchase, you will be their most likely business to call first.
Email marketing may be the most effective marketing strategies, though it is still vital that it is done correctly. If you approach it wrong, it can have the opposite effect on your business. Tracking your analytics is one way to do it right where you will get to know what your audience wants. This will allow you to enhance your email campaigns to make it beneficial to both you and your customers. Today's businesses can not ignore this tool because it is a great source for communication and because it is so effective. Smart business owners will use this tool to its best potential, tracking every email you send. What ways are you using email marketing to enhance your business?