Cliches are boring, but I can’t deny the truth in this one – “The money is in the list”. As an Internet marketer, you’ve probably heard gurus and mentors repeat that timeless adage over and over again. The reason is, by having an email list, you’re able to sell products and services to people by simply typing up and email and clicking a button! This allows you to have your very own passive income stream that will generate an income for you for a long,long time to come.
The question that always pops up in forums and mastermind groups is: ” How do I build a list?”.
Building a list is not rocket science. Here’s how to start building your cash-printing machine:
1) Create a free gift. A free gift, also known as a “freebie”, is an incentive that is used to convince visitors to opt in to your email list. There are many formats that you can create your product in, such as in PDF, audio or video. Don’t be intimidated by the thought of creating your freebie. You can either conduct research by browsing online, or simply purchasing Private Label Rights (PLR) to a product and gift it to your list. If you do not wish to create your own product, you can simply outsource your freebie creation. You can find freelancers that will do your work for a low price at sites such as Odesk.com, Guru.com, Freelancer.com, etc… You can also find people that will create ebook/DVD covers in those sites.
2) Sign up for an autoresponder service. An autoresponder is simply a service provided to email marketers which allows them to automate and regulate their emails. An autoresponder is mandatory to streamline your business. The top 3 autoresponder services are Aweber, Getresponse and Mailchimp. Create an opt-in form(follow the tutorial provided) and copy the code down.
3) Create a squeeze page. There are many ways to create a squeeze page, such as using a HTML template, using drag-and-drop editors such as Unbounce, and outsourcing. Remember to paste the opt in code that you’ve copied down previously. Your squeeze page should be simple and clean.
4) Drive traffic to the squeeze page. There are many free and paid methods to drive traffic to a squeeze page. Free methods include forum marketing, blog commenting and article marketing; whereas paid traffic methods include Pay Per Click traffic, Pay Per View traffic, solo ads, etc…
5) Track and tweak your squeeze page. There are many ways to track your opt-in rate(the percentage of people who opt-in to your email list), such as using tracking tools like Hypertracker. Remember to only change one component at a time when optimizing your squeeze page.
Following the steps above, you”ll be able to start building that much coveted email list that will generate income for you for many years to come.